Lines in the Sand: Extracting Hard Lines from Government Guidance on Social Media
Elise Fellner Roth
Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
Senior Vice President, Legal Affairs & General Counsel
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- What are some of the most effective social media tools which carry the least risk
- To Tweet or not to Tweet: Clarifications on FDA guidance and potential loopholes
- Translating “guidance” to best practices
- The legal ramifications for noncompliance: Does the FDA have jurisdiction over Twitter?
- How to employ practices which ensure statements made by third parties on company sponsored sites are not perceived to be endorsed by them
- Keeping track of internet marketing to ensure rules are not violated
- Assigning responsibility for monitoring social media
- Creating parameters for responding to off-label, and other inquiries in chat rooms, message boards, and other media outlets
- Word choices that have previously triggered government scrutiny