Key Government Agencies: A Practical Perspective on How to Coordinate Your Import Efforts with CBP, FDA, ATF and Other Key Agencies
Pisani & Roll LLP (LA, CA)
Office of Information Collection
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (Washington, DC)
U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Director, Division of Import Operations and Policy
U.S. Food and Drug Administration (Washington, DC)
This session was specifically designed for what you have asked: How do I comply with CBP requirements plus the other relevant agencies? Hear directly from the agencies on how CBP enforcement and other agency requirements are converging and what it means for your day-to-day operations.
- How do you know when there are “other Federal agency requirements” applicable to your imported product?
- Who do you contact at each Federal agency to understand which regulations apply to your imported product?
- What happens when your cargo clears U.S. Customs, but violates another Federal agency requirement?
- Understanding CBP’s role as the border enforcement agency
- Contrasting FDA, CPSC, EPA, ATF roles and responsibilities regarding imports
- Determining which regulatory requirements apply to the product you are importing
- How to identify transactions that involve multiple agencies
- At what point in the process should the agency be involved?
- How importers should approach each agency
- Obtaining helpful information through government personnel, websites, and other channels
- Getting onboard to report to these agencies using ACE pursuant to the government’s December 2016 deadline