Balancing the Costs and Benefits of Patent Litigation from Injunctions to Damages
Lawrence M. Sung PhD
Wiley Rein LLP
Peter A. Socarras
Senior Director, Intellectual Property
Nevro Corp. (Redwood City, CA)
Bradley T. Lennie
Hunton & Williams LLP
Shawn Kolitch Ph.D., M.S.
Partner, Intellectual Property Attorney
Kolisch Hartwell, P.C.
- Exploring ways to reduce patent litigation costs
- When is an injunction likely?
- The impact of eBay on medical device patent litigation
- The circumstances in which an injunction is likely
- Balancing the public interest with competitive injury
- Determining patent infringement damages
- Raising the floor — how to create a high “reasonable royalty” rate
- Conventional and unconventional arguments for lost profits
- Apportionment and the value added by a patented invention
- Achieving settlement with a strong remedies case
- Invest early in remedies analysis
- How to present your position directly to the opposing decision maker