Excess Insurance: Questions Raised by Qualcomm and Issues Relating to the Duty to Defend
Helen K. Michael
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
Seth D. Lamden
Neal, Gerber & Eisenberg LLP
Steven C. Schwartz
Chaffetz Lindsey LLP
Scott M. Seaman
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Does a primary carrier’s settlement for less than its full limits trigger the excess policy status?
- Settlement considerations when in a Qualcomm jurisdiction
- Where do key jurisdictions stand with respect to these issues?
- Case law regarding duty to defend by excess carriers
- Case law regarding possible drop down by excess carriers