Health Claim Substantiation Pop Quiz! – Understanding the Regulatory Requirements for Making Health Claims
- What are the different types of beverage product claims?
- What are the regulatory requirements for making each type of claim?
- When can information provided on a food product label be classified as “optional information”?
- Under what circumstances a health claim that has been cleared through FDA’s pre-market clearance procedures can be deemed
- unauthorized under the FDCA?
- an unapproved new drug specifically in the context of disease prevention claims?
- What type and quantity of evidence is sufficient to meet FDA and FTC expectations for product claims?