Compliance 2.0: How to Build and Implement an Effective Sanctions Compliance and Screening Program
J. Daniel Chapman
Vice President, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer
Head of Sanctions
Société Générale Americas (New York, NY)
This practical working group gives participants the unique opportunity to benchmark their sanctions compliance and screening programs up against others in the industry, and learn how to overcome the real-world issues related to implementing an effective global program.
Speakers will lay out a roadmap of best practices for implementing compliant worldwide sanctions rules, increasing efficiency and promoting organization-wide compliance from the top down. Benchmark your compliance practices and benefit from enhanced Q & A.
Topics discussed will be:
- Tailoring internal compliance procedures to the site and country
- Implementing a global licensing strategy: Streamlining your approach to meeting local requirements and securing approvals
- Assessing risks based on your specific business activities
- Drafting a formal written compliance program for screening embargoed countries, denied parties and prohibited end-users
- Setting up a training and awareness program
- Knowing which U.S. and foreign government agencies to report to, and ways to streamline reporting processes across different jurisdictions
- Impact of the EU’s Intra Community Transfer Directive onstreamlining your licensing process
- Resolving both U.S. and international regulatory and legal conflicts with foreign requirements