Class Actions & Litigation Roundup: Recent Data Breach Cases, Mega Privacy Actions, TCPA and Texting Suits, and Assessing What Claims Are Worth
Douglas H. Meal
Ropes & Gray LLP
Ian C. Ballon
Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Dr. John Johnson
Chief Executive Officer
Ronald I. Raether
Troutman Sanders LLP
- Litigation trends: future of class actions and how the decisions shake out state by state
- Data breach litigation
- Assessing harm
- Statutory penalties, remedies
- Collection of data
- Retailers asking for zip code, phone numbers, etc.
- Mega privacy actions
- Civil litigation associated with free or low cost services that touch millions of people
- Statutory liability claims
- Privacy statutes with statutory damages and uniform privacy practices
- What happens when the litigation doesn’t settle?
- Assessing harm; how important is harm when law applies to statutory damages?
- Strategies for when to fight and when to settle privacy and security
- Class action suits: latest trends on TCPA and other texting cases