CFPB Enhanced Oversight and HeightenedScrutiny of the Industry: Evaluating LessonsLearned from Recent Enforcement Actions,Preparing for Investigations and Examinationsand Looking Ahead to Rulemaking Updates
Senior Litigation Counsel
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
T. Morgan Ward Jr.
Stites & Harbison PLLC
Bricker & Eckler LLP
Alston & Bird LLP
- Assessing recent enforcement actions and investigations undertaken by the CFPB: Lessons learned; Trends in enforcement actions; Which market sectors are receiving enhanced scrutiny and why?
- Anticipating the types of claims that the CFPB will be pursuing in the near-term
- Which CFPB actions will lead to piggybacking private actions?
- Preparing for and responding to CFPB investigations and examinations
- Responding to CIDs (Civil Investigative Demands): Assessing the CID process
- Where the CFPB is likely headed in the coming months: Trends in examinations and investigations; What to expect; How to prepare
- Assessing coordination efforts between the CFPB and other federal and state agencies, including state AGs
- Rulemaking updates
- CFPB focus on third-party service providers
- Impact of the CFPB’s consumer complaints database on consumer finance litigation: How have plaintiffs’ counsel responded?; How financial institutions can use the database to anticipate and prepare for the next wave of litigation and develop proactive compliance strategies to minimize risk
- Assessing the CFPB’s adjudication procedures
- Attorney-client privilege and the CFPB