Interface of Antitrust Law and Patent Law: A Comparative Analysis of U.S., Europe and China’s Approach to Essential Patents and FRAND
AnJie Law Firm
Allen & Overy
General Manager of Legal Affairs
- Reviewing of relevant cases: Huawei vs. Interdigital (China); Microsoft v. Motorola (U.S.); Huawei v. ZTE (CJEU)
- Examination of MOFCOM’s approval of mergers on IP issues and its requirement of FRAND (Microsoft’s acquisition of Nokia)
- How is FRAND defined in litigation around the world?
- What royalty payment is fair and reasonable?
- Lessons learned from the litigation and merger approvals
- Are China, U.S. and Europe converging on FRAND?
- Predicting the future trend and best way to handle FRAND issues in licensing and litigation